What He invests in us
If you invest in the stock market or bonds or any interest-bearing account, you want to see a return on your investment, don’t you?
So does God (Matthew 25:14-30). Think of all the ways God invests in the lives of His people:
- He made us in His image (Genesis 1:27).
- He pours out daily blessings on us (Acts 14:17).
- He invests the blood of His Son for our salvation (Revelation 5:9).
- He gives us His Holy Spirit, who lives within us and intercedes for us (Acts 2:38; Romans 8:26-27).
- He grants us all spiritual blessings in Christ (Ephesians 1:3ff.).
So what’s our response to all this?
First, we thank Him daily for all these good things which are evidences of His great love!
Second, we shed our old sinful mindset and lifestyle, and seek instead to develop the attitudes and behavior appropriate for one who belongs to Christ.
“Flee immorality . . . . Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body”
(1 Corinthians 6:18-20; see 2 Corinthians 5:14-15).
Third, we develop the abilities He has given us. “As each one has received a special gift, employ it in serving one another as good stewards of the manifold grace of God” (1 Peter 4:10).
Then someday we can hear Him say, “Well done, good and faithful slave . . . enter into the joy of your Master” (Matthew 25-21).
Scripture quotations taken from the NASB: http://www.lockman.org/
Please share this post!